We know you are a safe driver but Colorado has one of the highest rates of negligent truck drivers in the country. Trucks are dangerous. Truck accidents can be catastrophic. Even “minor” truck accidents can total your vehicle and result in serious injuries. There are hundreds of rules and regulations truck drivers and trucking companies are expected to follow. When they don’t follow the rules accidents may happen. In fact there are more than 4,000 deaths annually due to negligent truck drivers. What do you need to know about truck accidents and how can the Ridder Law team help?
Why Do Truck Accidents Happen?
Truck accidents happen for a variety of reasons. They include:
- Truck drivers will violate regulations on how long they can drive in one day. They may fall asleep behind the wheel causing serious accidents.
- Trucking companies fail to maintain their trucks. Whether faulty brakes, tires, engine malfunctions, all cause serious collisions.
- Truck drivers may take medications to stay awake longer; these same medications can impair their ability to control the trucks.
- Truck drivers are prone to being distracted by their phones, cargo and drivers around them, which result in accidents.
Trucks are big and dangerous, which is why accidents can lead to very serious injuries. What should you do if you have been involved in a truck accident in Colorado?
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER A TRUCK ACCIDENT IN COLORADO?
If you have been involved in a truck accident, there are several steps you should follow. They include:
- Call 911 and ask for emergency personnel to come to the scene.
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Cooperate with the police when they arrive on scene.
- Take photos of the scene and the damage done to the vehicles.
- Go to the ER if you are injured.
- If injuries are not apparent at the scene, seek medical attention immediately when they are.
- Contact Ridder Law for a case review immediately, we are available 24/7.
CALL RIDDER LAW FOR A CASE REVIEW
At Ridder Law, we always put your needs ahead of our own. If you have been involved in a traffic accident, you need to call 911 immediately. Make sure you seek appropriate medical care. Then, contact our team for a case review.
Let our experts see how much money we can recover on your behalf. Call us today to speak to a member of our team.