If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, call 911. Motorcycle accidents often result in serious injuries, make sure you seek medical attention immediately. Then, reach out Colorado motorcycle accident lawyer. At Ridder Law, we understand that even small motorcycle accidents can lead to serious injuries. We are here to defend your rights, so learn more about motorcycle accidents below. Then, give us a call to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
WHY DO MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS HAPPEN IN COLORADO?
There are several reasons why motorcycle accidents might happen in Colorado. Some of the most common causes include:
- Because motorcycles have a very thin silhouettes, it can be difficult for other drivers to see them on the road resulting in collisions.
- It can be especially difficult for drivers to see motorcycles at night or during inclement weather.
Regardless of the cause, it is important for you to understand what to do following a motorcycle accident.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER A COLORADO MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
After a motorcycle accident in Colorado, there are a few steps you should take. They include:
- You should always call 911 to ask for police, fire, and emergency medical personnel to come to the scene.
- You should move away from the scene of the accident as long as you feel like you can do so safely.
- Cooperate with the police when they arrive on scene. Make sure you ask for a copy of the official report.
- Take photos of the scene and the damage done to the cars, trucks and motorcycles.
- You should always go to the doctor to make sure you receive a comprehensive evaluation following a motorcycle accident.
- Call Ridder Law immediately, we are available 24/7. We may be able to recover compensation that can help you cover the cost of your injuries and any lost income.
Even though you will probably have a lot of thoughts going through your head after a motorcycle accident, make sure you keep these important steps in mind.
WHAT TYPES OF INJURIES MIGHT YOU SUFFER?
There are several common injuries that someone may suffer in a motorcycle accident. A few examples include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones, including ankle fractures, femur fractures, humerus fractures, and rib fractures
- Back injuries, including a herniated disc, compression fractures, or a spinal cord injury
- Rotator cuff injuries, knee ligament damage, and abdominal trauma
Some of these injuries can lead to permanent complications. You need to seek medical care immediately following a motor vehicle collision. Call us for a case consultation. We are available 24/7.
CALL RIDDER LAW FOR HELP FOLLOWING A DENVER MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
Even if you take every precaution as a motorcyclist you can still be the victim of a motorcycle accident. If the accident was not your fault, you should not be responsible for your medical bills or repair expenses. Count on Ridder Law to help you recover compensation following a motorcycle accident. Contact us today for a case consultation.